Sunday, January 18, 2009

SULLY is Amazingly Awesome!

Thursday (Jan. 15, 2009) afternoon my dad receives a call from a friend and next thing i know my sister grabs the remote and changes the channel. There we see in big bold letters on the TV BREAKING NEWS, but what drew our attention was the a plane floating on water with people standing on the wings. USAirways Airbus 320 was floating the icy water of the Hudson River in NY.
My heart still feels for the passengers and the extraordinary pilot who made one heck of a landing!

Chelsey B. "Sully" Sullenberger III, was the pilot and he is actually a good friend and mentor of my father's. They both worked closely together at PSA in San Jose. My father and Sully shared something in common, a love for planes and the art of flying. Sully spoke highly of flying with my father and he inspired my dad into continuing his dream of flying, enrolling into school and obtaining his pilot license. Just knowing this story touches my heart, knowing how someone like Sully so devoted and dedicated to a subject he truly loves saved so many lives and now an inspiration to many. A true HERO.
I remember meeting Sully and his family in Florida while on vacation, coincidentally they were staying in the same hotel as our family and visiting the same attractions. He's a real awesome guy, someone you wouldn't forget meeting.

My father was not able to finish his pilot license. 3 months or so before his completion, i was diagnosed with leukemia and he had to put flying to a screeching halt. He still loves airplanes and flying, he now works for USAirway in San Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment